Jerden Rules Crowbank
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Jerden Rules Crowbank

Official forum of Jerden Rules Crowbank

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crowbank restoration 2013-09

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:40 am

Leiter

Admin

Hello and welcome!

This topic is to discuss the restoration of Crowbank and JRC views. Here, the people of Crowbank can express their view without wasting AP and with a better discussion platform than on the wiki.

JRC standpoints:
* Current barricade plan shall be enforced once the zombie threat is minimized
* It is our belief that UD Fark has been working against the barricade plan since even before the war started - they are to be thrown out of Crowbank. (If you don't want to get your name on the Rogues Gallery we suggest you leave that part to us, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty we suggest you consider joining us).
* We are PKers. There, we said it. However, our plan is to make Crowbank itself a PK free zone (except for those who oppose us physically), while all other suburbs are to be fair game.
* Sportsmanship: JRC firmly believes in a gentlemans behaviour and thus we will not throw immature insults at people. We will also consider all propositions, note however that that is in no way a guarantee that they will be implemented.

Jerden is in charge
Leiter is Jerden's other left hand (meaning the right, or if you're looking in the mirror actually the left hand, also if Jerden has more than 2 arms it could possibly be the upper OR lower one of them. I don't know.)
EOMK is JRC ambassador in foreign nations, meaning he spreads the word of Crowbank and motivates immigration to Crowbank.

Now, what is your opinion?
Opinions and expressions made here will face no repurcussion in the game, insults will be removed to start with.

https://jerdenrulescrowbank.forumotion.com

2Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Re: Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:24 pm

Jerden

Admin

My thoughts are that:

We should follow established wisdom of those more experienced than ourselves, and aim for a Uniform Barricade Policy compliant plan - basically, they recommend no less than a quarter VSB but no more than a third, which seems reasonable. Ideally, there should be a resource building of each type at VSB wherever possible under the UBP.

We should try to maximise continuity with the previous plans wherever possible, to make it simple.
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Crowbank_Barricade_Plan (Old)
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Crowbank_Restoration_Program (Current)
The problem is, the old has too many barricades, while the new has too few. Obviously a compromise is needed.

We should go for the maximum suggested entry points, because it always ends up over-barricaded.

I think we should EHB the dark buildings, because they're annoying to repair.

So, we have Enough resource buildings to have one of each at VSB.

Any further ideas?

3Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Re: Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:22 pm

Bedlam

You know, I think Sacred Ground is a quality policy. It brings standardization, and universality to revive points. Of course since unlike in a cade plan cemeteries aren't of any other use to survivors so there's no cost. Except that even at the game's height easily a third to half of the cemeteries in Malton were at best only semi-regularly serviced. Not to mention every one of the most active revive points was, and still is locally designated. While both SG, and organic rev points suffer the issue of the wiki not reflecting reality by claiming many burbs have 4-6 revive points when easily 75% of them have at most only one or two active, and always have. All of which means a lot of people have wasted AP traveling, and standing at ersatz revive points when they actually had about the same odds of getting a random revive anywhere, and only slightly lower of odds of a headshot.  

Anyway as I said I like SGP, but hopefully you can see why I think that barricade codes, and in particular the UBP is a waste of breath. If not, have you ever considered that one of the key things it's supposed to solve, providing conformity to a hundred different barricade plans, is an ass backwards way to go about it, since the second greatest problem with barricade plans is that there's a hundred of them?

Did you ever look at the old radio allocation policy & the district radio map, and think about how retarded it is?  Yet it's still better than single suburb barricade plans. Unequivocally, at most Malton could use a dozen plans, maybe less. You might say that a good cade plan takes into account what's a couple blocks over it's borders. To which I would reply that: First off, then there are damn few good cade plans, second uniformity wouldn't really be an issue if a plan actually covered a reasonable playing area, and in the same vein people would probably be more interested in consulting a cade plan if it meant they'd only have to look up one or two instead of half dozen or more in the course of a week's play.

In short codes should be at best suggestions, because the local topography is not only more important, but is going to be what determines reality in the game, and any barricade plan that doesn't cover more than at most five steps in any direction might as well be a neighborhood crime watch sign for all it's usefulness.

So, having said all that it's turns out beachrat has a surprisingly decent plan.

Why the farkers have had a Crowbank barricade plan since a before they were mysteriously provoked into a war with JRC, presumably by the shadowy 'Crowbank Sping' that coincidentally held the cade plan as primary concern, much less why the fool didn't just talk it out with you on the wiki, I suppose no man can say.

I'd switch St.G & Peter Gen, St.E should be EHB (Garrow around the corner can be VSB if needed), and the revive points should be pared down. Or not. I mean the key objectors to the old plan seems to be low rent zergers with personality issues.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php?title=User:Beachrat/Survivors&oldid=2106402

Last edited by Bedlam on Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Re: Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 am

Crystal Harrak

Resources:

• DSS map of Crowbank and the surrounding area: map.dssrzs (dot) org/select/6858815868718171
  • Maps showing the spread of different building types: wiki.urbandead (dot) com/index.php/Building_Information_Center

Some suggested guidelines of mine:

• There should be EPs leading between NTs and RPs.
  • Buildings which can be avoided when freerunning or which are freerunning dead ends should be EPs. Buildings that serve as important freerunning arteries should be EHB.
  • Fire stations should be EPs, because they are only useful to newbies.
  • Junkyards should be EPs, because they can't be ruined and therefore are not as important to protect.
  • Factories and Auto Repairs should be EHB, because they don't help newbies but do help pros.

Looking at the three main plans (wiki.urbandead (dot) com/index.php/Crowbank_Barricade_Plan ; wiki.urbandead (dot) com/index.php/Crowbank_Restoration_Program ; wiki.urbandead (dot) com/index.php?title=User:Beachrat/Survivors&oldid=2106402), I can see little in common between them. But I've drawn up a partial barricade plan that only includes the buildings that all three agree upon.
I've also drawn up a partial plan based on the unanimous buildings, His Majesty's idea of keeping dark buildings EHB, and my above guidelines.
You can see both of these plans at: wiki.urbandead (dot) com/index.php/User:TripleU/Crystal_Harrak/Sandbox

Main disagreements:

• One Hospital will be VSB, the other EHB. But which? They're about the same distance from St. Deusdedit's Hospital in Edgecombe, the nearest outside hospital.
  • Should any NTs be VSB? We do have four of them. If we do have an EP NT, I suggest The Doubting Building. The Blocksidge Building services too large an area to be sacrificed. The Spragge Building is unanimously deemed EHB and is responsible for servicing the main revive points. That leaves Mydleham and Doubting. Mydleham is less important for freerunning lanes, which would make it a good EP candidate. But Doubting is just three blocks away from Gulsonside's Wetherall Building, which is listed as EHB. That means that it's both less necessary as a TRP and more expendable.
  • Dane Street PD should be EHB and Burt Square PD should be VSB (since Dane is in a freerunning artery). That leaves Clinch Way PD. Do we need a second VSB PD or a second EHB PD?
  • Morrell Bank is listed as VSB in all three plans, but it's dark. What should we do with it?

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User:TripleU/Crystal_Harrak

5Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Re: Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Jerden

Admin

I had some time, considered it all, and created this:
http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/Talk:Jerden_Rules_Crowbank#New_JRC_barricade_plan.2C_because_the_old_one_needed_changing

What do we think of it? Obviously, I think it's perfect, so my ego may need deflating by some constructive criticism.

6Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Re: Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:15 pm

Leiter

Admin

Still a lot of VSB places, might be tough to keep people from overcading with that many EPs...

7Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Re: Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:16 pm

Crystal Harrak

Leiter wrote:Still a lot of VSB places, might be tough to keep people from overcading with that many EPs...
Yeah, but having fewer planned EPs is hardly a solution to having too few VSB buildings.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/index.php/User:TripleU/Crystal_Harrak

8Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Re: Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Leiter

Admin

well, it depends. If people believe the centralized plan is too lightly caded, everyone will simply take matters in their own hands, and then we'll be overcaded because of that.

On the other hand if the plan is too caded, noone will listen either. It is delicate and I don't really know UD strategies that well, but our current problem is the exact same as I have described above...

as I said though, I'll keep out off the planning here since you guys seem to have experience Smile

9Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Re: Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:04 pm

Jerden

Admin

Well, I'm of the opinion that it will end up overbarricaded anyway, no matter how many entry points there are, so by that logic we should have more rather than less. If we only bother spraypainting in the entry points, it won't be too difficult for us to do whenever we're passing through and feel like it.
I tried to get at least the recommended minimum entry points, because everyone needs them.

10Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Empty Re: Crowbank restoration 2013-09 Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:12 am

Bedlam

Good work. Thanks Crystal (Still a bunch of revive points though). Jerden you should wear a flak jacket, and learn how to use dumbwits. I found a pastebin of Emily's poem, but it's gone now. Also a profile link wouldn't hurt. (Ok so that last one's not really constructive.)

I agree more with Leiter, i'd find it more annoying trying to enter half dozen closed ep than a couple, but all of my grousing has already been noted.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum